Thursday, 1 February 2018
Are You A REAL Man?
2. CALLING SOMEONE ‘SON’ – Especially policeman but even saying it to kids makes you the man.
3. DOING A PROPER SLIDE TACKLE – Beckham is camp. A Stuart Pearce tackle is the pinnacle of the game, simultaneously winning the ball and
crippling the man. Magic.
4. SHARPENING A PENCIL WITH A STANLEY KNIFE – Blunt, is it? Hand it here love. No, I don’t need a sharpener, I’ve got a knife thanks!
5. GOING TO THE TIP – A manly act which combines driving, lifting and as you thrillingly drop your rubbish into another huge pile of other rubbish
6. DRINKING UP – Specifically, rising from the table, slinging your coat on and downing two thirds of a pint in one fluid movement. Then nodding towards
the door, saying, "Let’s go" and striding out while everyone else struggles
to catch up with you. You’re hard.
7. HAVING A THIN BIT OF WOOD – in the shed, solely to stir paint with.
8. HAVING A SCAR – Ideally it’ll be a facial knife wound, but even an iron burn on the wrist is good. "Ooh, did that hurt". "Nah".
9. HAVING A HANGOVER AND THICK STUBBLE – When birds have been partying they just whinge. You on the other hand have physical evidence of your
hardness,sprouting from your face. "Big night?" Grr, what does it look like?
10. NODDING AT COPS – A moment’s eye contact is all it takes for you to share the unspoken bond. "We’ve not seen eye to eye in the past",it says,
"but someone’s got to keep the little scr0tes in line".
11. USING POWER TOOLS – Slightly more powerful than you need or can safely handle. Pneumatic drilling while drinkin beer? Superb.
12. KICKING A FOOTY AGAINST A GARAGE DOOR – Clang-g-g-g-g-g-! I kick so hard I set off car alarms.
13. ARRIVING IN A PUB LATE – And everyone cheers you. It doesn’t mean you’re popular, it just means your mates are pissed. However, the rest of the pub
doesn’t know that.
14. NOT WATCHING YOUR WEIGHT – Fat is a feminist issue,apparently. Brilliant. Pass the pork scratchings.
15. CARVING THE ROAST – And saying "are you a leg or br€ast man?" to the blokes and "do you want stuffing?" to the women. Congratulations, you are
now your dad.
16. WINKING – Turns women to putty. Doesn’t it?
17. TEST SWINGING HAMMERS – Ideally, B&Q would have little changing rooms with mirrors so you could see how rugged you look with any DIY item. Until
then, we’ll make do with the aisles.
18. TAKING OUT £200 FROM A CASHPOINT – Okay, so its for paying the Plumber later but with that much cash you feel like a mafia don. The only
thing better is peeling notes off the roll later.
19. PHONE CALLS THAT LAST LESS THAN A MINUTE – Unlike women, we get straight to the point. "Alright? Yep. Drink? Red lion? George, it is then. Seven. See ya."
20. PARALLEL PARKING – Bosh, straight in. First time. Can Schumacher do that? No, because his cars got no reverse gear which, technically, makes you the worlds best driver.
21. HAVING EARNED THAT PINT – Since the dawn of time, men have toiled in the fields in blistering heat. Why? So, when it’s over we can stand there insilence, surveying our work with one hand resting on the beer gut while the
other nurses a foaming jug of ale.Aaaah.
22. HAVING SOMETHING PROPERLY WRONG WITH YOU – Especially if you didn’t make a fuss. "Why was I off, nothing much, just a brain haemorrhage".
23. when on a road trip, the strongest bladder determines pit stops, not the weakest.
24. When stumbling upon other men watching a sporting event, you may ask the score of the game in progress, but you may never ask who’s playing.
25. A Man must never own a cat or like his girlfriend’s cat. fact.
I’ve learned a lot about women. I think I’ve learned exactly how the fall of man occured in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden, and Adam said one day, "Wow, Eve, here we are, at one with nature, at one with God, we’ll never age, we’ll never die, and all our dreams come true the instant that we have them." And Eve said, "Yeah… it’s just not enough is it?"