Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 September 2023

A LATE SUMMER? by Steven Taylor







A LATE SUMMER?


There’s no queue at the Fish and chip shop
No half hour wait for ice cream
The beach is a quiet and peaceful place
Like a perfect holiday dream
 
There’s no more shouting and screaming
And sand being kicked in my face
No shitty little family barbecues
I’m loving it here, it’s ace
 
You see Summers come late this year
The sun doesn’t stick to the rules
And the kids have all disappeared now
Back to their crumbling schools
 
So I’m free from all the noise
And juvenile related hassles
And am left here in perfect peace
To build my metaphoric sandcastles
 
So no awful lawless children’s shouts
Ringing all day in my ears
Just the sound of the gentle tide rippling
As I crack another bottle, cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment