Search This Blog

Monday 31 October 2011

Austin Knight & Neil 'Razor' Ruddock at Manchester City FC.

I had a great gig last Friday at Manchester City FC in the Citizen Suite with former Liverpool, Spurs and England player Neil 'Razor' Ruddock, who I have now worked with a few times on the after-dinner speaking circuit.

The Citizen Suite has been given an extensive makeover, in readiness for the forthcoming 2012 Olympics apparently.  The sky-blue curtain that you can see behind the top table in my pic has been specially woven and contains a panoramic view of the city of Manchester, and a very fine peice of craftsmanship it is too.  Especially, when I examined it close up, I found it quite amusing to note that Old Trafford has been airbrushed out of the scene!  You couldn't make it up!  Could you?

We received a brilliant reception and well over 350 guests attended the dinner, which was to raise much needed funds for Brendan Bees Junior FC at Droylsden. Razor Ruddock regaled the audience with tales of his escapades at Millwall, Liverpool and Spurs and his magnificent impression of Harry Redknapp will be with me forever! He was so funny! The crowd gave us both a standing ovation. Later on on the audience cheered and carried me aloft on their shoulders. I said "I can walk to the car." They said "You're going in the river!" A fantastic night was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment