Search This Blog

Saturday 12 June 2010

"Quotes"


A member of Parliament to Disraeli : "Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease."
"That depends, Sir," said Disraeli , "whether I embrace your policies or your mistress."

"He had delusions of adequacy." - Walter Kerr

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." -
Winston Churchill

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

"He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run up." - Paul Keating

"He loves nature in spite of what it did to him." - Forrest Tucker

"His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork." - Mae West

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . for support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

No comments:

Post a Comment