Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Polling Day ~ The Race is ON!!

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices. The correct use of the term requires the elements of obstinacy, irrationality, and animosity toward those of a differing devotion. But what if they are the opinions of the masses? After Gordon Browns visit to Rochdale, Mrs Gillian Duffy has decided that she will not vote at all, not for any of the parties. I think I’ll join her. As Bernard Manning always said to me about polling day, “It’s like changing deckchairs on the Titanic.” How right he was!




Only in the UK do we use the word ‘politics’ to describe the process so well. "Poli" in Latin meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "bloodsucking creatures". After the MP’s expenses debacle, then nothing could be nearer the truth.



The last three weeks of boring Political T.V debates prove just one thing: all three candidates can tell us all their prospective manifestos’ in just under a few minutes. Britain is experiencing the worst "brain drain" of any country, as highly qualified professionals settle abroad, an authoritative international study showed yesterday. During this "brain drain," period, not one single politician has left the country. What does THAT tell you?

Nobody can fix the economy.

Nobody can be trusted with their finger on the button.

Nobody's perfect.

Vote for Nobody.





A Poem All about Getting Old:



A is for apple, and B is for boat,

That used to be right, but now it won't float!

Age before beauty is what we once said,

But let's be a bit more realistic instead.



A's for arthritis;

B's the bad back,

C's the chest pains,

Perhaps car-d-iac?



D is for dental decay and decline,

E is for eyesight, can't read that top line!

F is for fissures and fluid retention

G is for gas which I'd rather not mention.



H is high blood pressure--I'd rather it low

I’s for incisions with scars you can show.

J is for joints, out of socket, won't mend,

K is for knees that crack when they bend.

L for libido, what happened to sex?

M is for memory, I forget what comes next.

N is neuralgia, in nerves way down low

O is for osteo, bones that don't grow!

P for prescriptions, I have quite a few,

Just give me a pill, I'll be good as new!

Q is for queasy, is it fatal or flu?

R is for reflux, one meal turns to two.

S is for sleepless nights, counting my fears,

T is for Tintinitus, bells in my ears!

U is for urinary, troubles with flow;

V for vertigo, that's 'dizzy', you know.

W for worry, NOW what's going 'round?

X is for X ray, and what might be found.

Y for another year I'm left here behind,

Z is for zest I still have-- in my mind.



I've survived all the symptoms, my body's deployed,

And I'm keeping twenty-six doctors fully employed!!!





Tomorrow, we will have a new government. So why not visit my website and cheer yerself up! Just click on: www.ComedianUK.com and visit my Jokey-Blog. Now, get down the dole office and sign on!

No comments:

Post a Comment