Search This Blog

Saturday 4 November 2023

The clocks go back!

 

        




Well, the Rolling Stones have a No1 Album in the charts and The Beatles have a new single out. Just how far did we put the clocks back last week?

I never bother to alter all the clocks. It’s too much mither. I just watch ITV+1 for six months …

Specsavers have tweeted (or X’d) “To all Manchester United fans, if you bring your glasses into any of our stores, we’ll swap them for a blindfold, so you don’t have to watch this anymore.” I heard on the grapevine that Erik ten Hag has planted some potatoes around the pitch, so he’ll have summat to pick up at the end of the season.

After a raucous night out with the darts and dominoes team up Scropton Street at the Pitt Bull and Stanley Knife pub, I eventually staggered home at 4 am and tiptoed into the house, when the cuckoo clock sounded four times. Rapidly realising that the missus would probably wake up, I proceeded to ‘cuckoo’ an additional eight times, in order to make it seem like it was still midnight. I must admit that I was really chuffed with myself for thinking on my feet and coming up with such an ingenious solution, even while being paralytic drunk, in order to avoid a potential conflict with her in the early hours of the morning. The following day, the missus asked me what time I got home. I told her it was around midnight and she didn’t seem to suspect a thing, but right as I thought I’d gotten away with it, she opined: “By the way, I reckon that we desperately need a new cuckoo clock.” I asked her “What do you mean. Why?” She replied: “Well last night, our clock cuckoo’d four times, then it shouted “Flamin’ Nora!” then after clearing it’s throat, cuckoo’d another three times, then started laughing, cuckoo’d twice more and then tripped over the cat and was sick!”

Two major problems we have presently in the UK are potholes and housing migrants. Surely the government should be aware that there is one obvious solution to fix both these issues simultaneously…







There seems to be some confusion in Wales ahead of the Speed Limit change and so, I thought I would help by briefly explaining how the change works so that there can be no confusion: Any roads that were previously 30 will now be 20 apart from the roads that aren’t going to be 20, which will still remain as 30. When you see street lights you have to assume that the roads will be 20 even if the signs still say 30 because despite the signs saying 30, the roads could be 20, apart from, of course, the roads (as explained above) which will remain 30 despite them being 20. It’s also important to remember that there will still be a number of roads which despite them having street lights will not be 20, and in these cases they could be 30, 40, 50, 60 or even 70, however, always bear in mind that even if the signs on these roads still state 30 they could, of course, be 20 unless they are one of the roads that have been designated 30, in which case the 20 restriction will not apply. I trust that clarifies. It’s really not difficult.


You just can’t trust these insurance companies. I’ve checked my home insurance policy and apparently, if my duvet is stolen in the middle of the night, I’m not covered!




Last week, because of  the ferocity of Storm Ciaran and due to a power outage, only one paramedic responded to the call. The house was very dark so the paramedic asked Sharon, a three-year-old girl to hold a flashlight high over her mummy, so he could see while he helped deliver the baby. Very diligently, Sharon did as she was asked. Mummy pushed and pushed and after a little while, baby Kevin was born. The paramedic lifted him by his little feet and smacked him on his bottom. Baby Kevin immediately began to cry. The paramedic then thanked Sharon for her help and asked the wide-eyed three-year-old what she thought about what she had just witnessed. Sharon quickly responded, "He shouldn’t have crawled in there in the first place……smack his bum again!"

An Essex girl is involved in a nasty car crash and is trapped and bleeding. The paramedics soon arrive on site. Paramedic: ‘It’s Okay, I’m a paramedic and I’m going to ask you some questions?’ Girl: ‘Okay’ Paramedic: ‘What’s your name?’ Girl: ‘Tracey’ .’Paramedic: ‘Alright Tracey , is this your car?’ Tracey: ‘Yes.’ Paramedic: ‘Can you tell me where you’re bleeding from?’ Tracey replied: ‘Romford, mate.’







No comments:

Post a Comment