Search This Blog

Monday 19 May 2014

Coca-Cola Salesman in Saudi Arabia....


A disappointed Coca-Cola salesman returned from his assignment to Saudi Arabia. A friend asked, "Why weren't you successful with the Saudis?"  The salesman replied, "When I got posted, I was very confident that I would make a good sales pitch. But I had a problem, I didn't speak Arabic. So I planned to convey the message through a poster with three images.


         

"First image: A man lying in the hot desert sand totally exhausted and fainting.

"Second image: The man is drinking Coca-Cola.
"Third image: Our man is now totally refreshed.

"These posters were pasted all over the place."

"Terrific! That should have worked!" said the friend.
"It should have!" said the salesman. "But no one told me they read from right to left!"

"So, because you failed miserably in your assignment, what did you say to your prospective clients before you left Saudi Arabia?"  

                       
"I told them to;" 

No comments:

Post a Comment