Search This Blog

Monday 19 May 2014

With Gods Help...


A lovely young girl brings her boyfriend home to meet her parents. After having a barbeque, her mother tells her father, a wealthy business tycoon, to find out some more about this young man. He invites the boy to join him for  a game of snooker and a coca-cola in his games room.
"So what are your future plans?" the father asks the boy.
"I am a religious scholar and I genuinely want to marry your daughter," he replies.
"A scholar," the father says. "Admirable, but what will you do to provide a nice house for my daughter to live in and to which she is accustomed?"
"I will study," the young man replies, "and God will provide for us."
"And how will you buy her a beautiful engagement ring, such as she deserves?" asks the father.
"I will concentrate on my studies," the young man replies, "God will provide for us."
"And children?" asks the father. "How will you support children?"
"Don't worry sir, God will provide," replies the boy.
The conversation proceeds like this and each time the father questions him, the boy insists that God will provide.
Later, the mother asks, "Well, how did it go?"
The father answers, "The bad news is he has no job and no plans, but the good news is that he thinks I'm God."



Q) What's the difference between God and a lawyer.
A) God doesn't think he's a lawyer....

No comments:

Post a Comment