Search This Blog

Sunday 25 May 2014

The Ten Jew Berry Muds?!?!




The following is a telephone exchange between myself and room service, at the Hyatt Park Hotel in Baku, Azerbajain.


Room Service (RS): "Morrin. Roon sirbeez."


Me:: "Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service."


RS: "Rye..Roon sirbeez..morrin! Jewish to odour sumteen??"


Me: "Oh. Yes please, I'd like some bacon and eggs."

RS: "Owe July den?"

Me:: "What??"

RS: "Owe July den?...pried, bouyueded, percheded?"

Me:: "Oh, the eggs! How do I like them?
Sorry, scrambled please. Oh, and can I have the bacon crispy"

RS:" Hokay. An Sahn toze?"

Me::"What?"

RS:"An toes. July sarn toze?"

Me::"I really don't think so!"

RS: "No? Judo wan sarn toze"

Me: "I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo wan sarn toze' means?"

RS: "Toze! Toze!...Why jew don juan toze? Ow bow Anglish moppin wee Bhudda?"

Me: "English muffin!! I've got it! You were saying 'Toast.' Fine. Yes, an English muffin will be fine."

RS: "Wee Buddha?"

Me: "No...just put the Bhudda on the side."

RS: "Wad!?"

Me: "I mean butter, just put it on the side."

RS: "Coppy?"

Me: "Excuse me?"

RS: "Coppy...tea...meel?"

Me: "Yes. Coffee, please, and that's all."

RS: "Juan Minnie. Scramah egg, crease baykem, Anglish moppin wee Bhudda on sigh and coppy....rye??"

Me: "Whatever you say!"

RS: "Ten jew berry muds."

                         

No comments:

Post a Comment